We have an appointment with a GI specialist at the hospital on Monday morning. Normally I would be on the phone bugging the crap out of the specialist’s receptionist for an appointment NOW NOW NOW RIGHT NOOOOOW, but since my baby is currently doing his impression of the happiest baby in the world I’m ok with waiting. Baby Evan is less “sick” than “did this one crazy weird thing a couple times and now seems totally fine”. None of his spit up today has contained any blood and his diapers have gone back to the normal, non-explosive kind (side note – perhaps my insistence that we try to use up all the Size 1’s before buying bigger diapers contributed to the poopsplosion).

I’m almost tempted to cancel the appointment, except that I will feel so much better after they do an exam and an x-ray to make sure all his internal bits are present where they’re supposed to be. SOMETHING caused him to bleed, even if it isn’t hurting him and making him scream. I just don’t know if it’s worse to have totally inconclusive tests that prove nothing or no tests and no idea if it might happen again.

Advertisements